‘Lakhvi admits to Kasab being a Pakistani’
As per sources, the dossier that India has received from Pakistan states that 26/11 blast mastermind Lakhvi has admitted that Kasab is a Pakistani.
Earlier reports had said that Pakistan had filed a chargesheet in Adiala Jail in connection with the case. It had named Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and its chief Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi as the main plotter and mastermind behind the deadly terror strikes along with Zarar Shah and three others.
While on the one hand, sources from India are saying that Pakistan has officially admitted to its role in the Mumbai blasts and also that Pakistan has for the first time accepted the involvement of the LeT in the attacks; Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has categorically denied the same. Malik said that his government needs more information from India and added they were yet to receive a reply of their 32 questions.
Minister of State Shashi Tharoor, while talking to the media persons, said today that India was studying the dossier very carefully and was looking ‘very attentively’ as to what action Pakistan has taken.
The dossier is said to include very “strong elements” about five people who are in custody and also some of those who are not in custody.
Meanwhile, Pak foreign office spokesperson Abdul Basit told reporters, “We are committed to the trial and we will proceed as per the law of the land.”
He added that Pakistan would want to bring “these accused to book”, clearly acknowledging their role in the terror attacks on India’s commercial capital Mumbai on November 26 last year, which claimed over 180 lives and left several others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'