Lakhvi masterminded 26/11, Pak admits in dossier
New Delhi: Suspecting involvement of locals
in 26/11, Pakistan has sought from India the interrogation
reports of two terrorists Fahim Ansari and Sabahuddin held in
connection with the terror attack while giving details of the
probe conducted by it.
In the 36-page dossier, that contains some annexures,
Pakistan has informed India about the case details of five
terrorists, including Lashkar-e-Taiba commander and
"mastermind" Zaki-ur Rahman Lakhvi, who have been arrested,
Besides Lakhvi, the arrested Pakistanis have been
identified as Hammad Amin Sadiq, Mazhar Iqbal alias Abu Al
Qama, Abdul Wajid alias Zarrar Shah and Shahid Jamil Riaz.
All the five had provided logistic and other kinds of
support to the 10 Mumbai attackers, nine of whom were killed
during the gunfights with security personnel. Ajmal Amir
Kasab, the only surviving terrorist, was arrested.
Lakhvi has been identified as "commander of LeT" and the
"mastermind of terrorist attacks on Mumbai", Pakistan has
noted, agreeing with India`s contention.
Sadiq has been identified as "facilitator of funds and
hideouts" for the Mumbai attackers, Zarrar Shah as the
"facilitator and expert in computer networks", Riaz as
"facilitator through funding".
Details about 13 other absconding accused are also
contained in the dossier that is being studied by the Indian
They are Muhammad Amjad Khan, Iftikhar Ali, Abdul Rehman,
Muhammad Usman, Atiq-ur-Rehman, Riaz Ahmed Khan, Muhammad
Mushtaq, Muhammad Naeem, Abdul Shakoor, Muhammad Sabir Salfi,
Muhammad Usman and Shakil Ahmad.
Among them Gafoor was the captain or "tandol" of `Al
Hussaini` and `Al Fouz`. Rehman, Usman, Rehman, Riaz Ahmad,
Mustaq, Naeem, Shakoor, Salfi, Usman and Shakil Ahmad were the
crew members of `Al Hussaini` or `Al Fouz`.
Amjad Khan has been identified as LeT organiser and
facilitator in Karachi.
Pakistan wants to know the interrogation details of
Ansari and Sabahuddin as it suspects involvement of "Indian
elements" in the Mumbai attacks.
Pakistan has also sought the attested copies of experts
who examined the GPS and Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP)
used during the Mumbai attacks.
Pakistan has also sought details about the Samjhauta
Express blast probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Sensex regains 28K level, up 118 points in early trade
- Sepp Blatter in last fight against six-year FIFA ban
- Quake brings down buildings in central Italy, at least six believed killed
- Work on 'Padmavati' sets in full swing, shoot begins in September