Lakshmi Sehgal suffers cardiac arrest, condition critical
Kanpur: Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, who was part of Subhash Chandra Bose`s Indian National Army, was admitted to a hospital here on Thursday following a cardiac arrest, family sources said.
Sehgal(97), who was ill for some time, suffered a heart attack this morning at her residence in Civil Lines area here, Sehgal`s daughter Subhashini Ali told reporters here.
A team of doctors has been appointed to monitor her health condition, she said
Captain Lakshmi Sehgal was very active in the independence movement of India and commanded the `Rani of Jhansi Regiment of INA, formed by Subhash Chandra Bose.
A doctor by profession, she was working as a medical practitioner and a social worker. She was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire