Lakshmi Sehgal suffers cardiac arrest, condition critical
Kanpur: Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, who was part of Subhash Chandra Bose`s Indian National Army, was admitted to a hospital here on Thursday following a cardiac arrest, family sources said.
Sehgal(97), who was ill for some time, suffered a heart attack this morning at her residence in Civil Lines area here, Sehgal`s daughter Subhashini Ali told reporters here.
A team of doctors has been appointed to monitor her health condition, she said
Captain Lakshmi Sehgal was very active in the independence movement of India and commanded the `Rani of Jhansi Regiment of INA, formed by Subhash Chandra Bose.
A doctor by profession, she was working as a medical practitioner and a social worker. She was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen