Lakshmi Sehgal suffers cardiac arrest, condition critical
Kanpur: Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, who was part of Subhash Chandra Bose`s Indian National Army, was admitted to a hospital here on Thursday following a cardiac arrest, family sources said.
Sehgal(97), who was ill for some time, suffered a heart attack this morning at her residence in Civil Lines area here, Sehgal`s daughter Subhashini Ali told reporters here.
A team of doctors has been appointed to monitor her health condition, she said
Captain Lakshmi Sehgal was very active in the independence movement of India and commanded the `Rani of Jhansi Regiment of INA, formed by Subhash Chandra Bose.
A doctor by profession, she was working as a medical practitioner and a social worker. She was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Despite sporting glory, Indian women struggle to rise
- Heightened' Dahi Handi revelry continues despite court curb
- Defamation case: 'Supreme Court will decide grounds of Rahul Gandhi's U-turn'
- In rural India, less to eat than 40 years ago
- Watch: Astronaut Scott Kelly congratulates Expedition 48 Commander Jeff Williams on breaking record