Lakshmi Sehgal suffers cardiac arrest, condition critical
Kanpur: Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, who was part of Subhash Chandra Bose`s Indian National Army, was admitted to a hospital here on Thursday following a cardiac arrest, family sources said.
Sehgal(97), who was ill for some time, suffered a heart attack this morning at her residence in Civil Lines area here, Sehgal`s daughter Subhashini Ali told reporters here.
A team of doctors has been appointed to monitor her health condition, she said
Captain Lakshmi Sehgal was very active in the independence movement of India and commanded the `Rani of Jhansi Regiment of INA, formed by Subhash Chandra Bose.
A doctor by profession, she was working as a medical practitioner and a social worker. She was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row