Lakshmi Sehgal`s health deteriorates
Kanpur: The health of Lakshmi Sehgal, a close associate of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, deteriorated Saturday, doctors here said.
"We have put her on ventilator support to boost her blood pressure," said Santosh Kumar, a doctor attending to the 97-year-old who was the first captain of the women`s wing of Azad Hind Fauj or Indian National Army.
Cardiologists at the Kanpur Medical Centre, where Sehgal was admitted after suffering a heart attack Thursday, said that her blood pressure dropped alarmingly low late Friday.
Doctors admitted that things were not looking good for Sehgal who was the Left candidate in the 2002 presidential election. She lost to A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
"She is unconscious. We are monitoring her parameters and waiting for her to respond to the medication," a doctor told IANS.
Lakshmi Sehgal`s daughter and senior CPI(M) leader Subhashini Ali was by her bedside. Film director Shaad Ali, her grandson, was also in Kanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!