Lakshya-1 test flown successfully
Balasore (Odisha): India`s indigenously
developed micro-light pilot-less target aircraft `Lakshya-1`
was successfully test flown from the Integrated Test Range at
Chandipur near here today as part of a routine trial.
‘Lakshya-1’, fitted with an advanced digitally controlled
engine was once again test flown at about 1.10 PM
successfully. It was flight tested from a mobile launcher from
launch pad-II of ITR, defence sources said.
"The flight test was a routine trial by the users," they
Usually, the flight duration of the micro light aircraft
is 30 to 35 minutes. But test is conducted for enhancement of
the flight duration and to check other parameters, the sources
‘Lakshya’, a sub-sonic, re-usable aerial target system is
remote controlled from the ground and designed to impart
training to both air borne and air defence pilots.
The PTA has been developed by India’s aeronautic
development establishment (ADE), Bangalore to perform discreet
aerial reconnaissance of battle field and target acquisition.
‘Lakshya’ has been inducted into the Indian Air Force
(IAF) since 2000.
While a successful trial of Lakshya was conducted on
January 30, Lakshya-11 had been test flown on January 25 and
27 successfully from the same ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog