Lal Bahadur Shastri remembered on 45th death anniversary
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari on Tuesday led the nation in offering tributes to late Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 45th death anniversary.
Ansari, some ministers, members of Parliament and diplomats attended a prayer meeting Shastri`s memorial -- Vijay Ghat -- in the capital.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was the second Prime Minister of India and a prominent figure in the independence movement.
Shastri died of a heart attack in Tashkent after signing a declaration of ceasefire with Pakistani President M Ayub Khan to end the 1965 war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city