Lal Bahadur Shastri remembered on 45th death anniversary
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari on Tuesday led the nation in offering tributes to late Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 45th death anniversary.
Ansari, some ministers, members of Parliament and diplomats attended a prayer meeting Shastri`s memorial -- Vijay Ghat -- in the capital.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was the second Prime Minister of India and a prominent figure in the independence movement.
Shastri died of a heart attack in Tashkent after signing a declaration of ceasefire with Pakistani President M Ayub Khan to end the 1965 war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie