Lal Bahadur Shastri remembered on 45th death anniversary
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari on Tuesday led the nation in offering tributes to late Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 45th death anniversary.
Ansari, some ministers, members of Parliament and diplomats attended a prayer meeting Shastri`s memorial -- Vijay Ghat -- in the capital.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was the second Prime Minister of India and a prominent figure in the independence movement.
Shastri died of a heart attack in Tashkent after signing a declaration of ceasefire with Pakistani President M Ayub Khan to end the 1965 war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi