Lalu asks Nitish to sever ties with BJP
Patna: Taking a potshot at Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar on the issue of advertisements showing
his photograph with Narendra Modi, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad
on Saturday asked the JD(U) leader to sever ties with BJP if he
really had any objection to it.
Referring to Kumar`s statement to media expressing
resentment over the advertisements in newspapers here showing
his photograph with the Gujarat Chief Minister, Prasad asked
"what was new in that".
"In fact, Kumar who had said that he would not share
platform with Modi after Gujarat riots, had later surfaced
with him at a public meeting in Ludhiana at the time of last
Lok Sabha polls," he said.
Kumar said he would take legal action against those
responsible for the advertisement showing him and Modi and
also termed as "uncivilised" Gujarat government`s claim
through another advertisement that it donated liberally to
Bihar after the 2008 Kosi floods.
Accusing Kumar of indulging in "a high political drama"
on the issue of advertisement, Prasad said he now stood
exposed because of his alliance with a party which was
"communal to the core".
"Nitish and Modi are two faces of the same coin...I had
disallowed Modi to visit Bihar earlier, but now a drama is
being enacted to frighten the minorities in Bihar by the state
government (which is) allowing Modi`s visit," Prasad said.
He alleged that it might be the national executive of the
BJP but it has been "hosted" by none else than Nitish Kumar.
"People of Bihar have identified the real face of Kumar.
Nitish Kumar should leave the chair...sever ties with the BJP
or else he should merge the entire JD(U) with the BJP instead
of playing dirty secular cards," he said.
Referring to Kumar`s statement that he would return the
funds donated to Bihar CM`s relief Fund at the time of floods
caused by turbulent Kosi in 2008, Prasad said he should do it
without much delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’