Lalu defends Chidambaram, slams BJP
Patna: Defending P Chidambaram after the Madras high court declined to dismiss a petition challenging his election to the Lok Sabha in 2009, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Thursday said the BJP was indulging in `character assassination` of the Home Minister.
"Chidambaram is a good human being but the BJP is needlessly trying to cast aspersion on the character of the Home Minister," he told reporters in reply to a question.
The BJP was indulging in "dirty politics" by targeting Chidambaran after the Madras High Court refused to dismiss a petition challenging his election to the Lok Sabha three years ago, Prasad alleged.
He said Chidambaram may have suffered a setback in the high court, but he has the option to challenge the order in the apex court.
Prasad alleged that the BJP was desperate to regain power at the Centre by all means and the RSS has virtually declared Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the saffron party`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 parliamentary elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder