Lalu didn’t tutor me to tear Lokpal Bill: Rajniti Prasad
New Delhi: RJD MP Rajniti Prasad on Sunday rubbished BJP`s allegation that Lalu Prasad had "orchestrated"
his action of tearing the Lokpal Bill in Rajya Sabha, saying
his party chief had not tutored him to do so.
"Laluji had not tutored me to take any such action
(tearing the Lokpal Bill)," he said.
"There was no ring master behind my action...Whatever I
did was an outcome of my emotional outbursts on the spur of
the moment," the Rajya Sabha member said.
During the high drama shortly before midnight, the RJD
chief was seated in the Lok Sabha members` gallery of the
Upper House, calmly watching the scene.
An unrepentant Prasad said he would not allow passage of
the bill in the House in future also if it did not incorporate
amendments like defining the applicability of reservation for
SC/ST/OBC, minority and women in the anti-graft panel and
excluding Prime Minister from its ambit.
Asked if he would again tear the bill, he said, "My way
of protest will depend on the situation at that time."
As the MP justified his action, his party colleagues in
the Upper House also supported him.
Leader of RJD in Rajya Sabha Zabir Hussain said one has
to see his action in the context of the situation.
"Not only Rajniti Prasad, but we all RJD representatives
were angry over government`s failure to explain if the
minority community will get a place in the anti-graft panel.
Prasad could not control his emotions," he said.
Hussain, who has served as Chairman of Bihar Legislative
Council for a decade, said besides this is not for the first
time that such an event has taken place in a legislative
RJD member Ramkripal Yadav, who was by the side of Prasad
when he was creating uproar in Rajya Sabha on the bill, said,
"There was no bad intention in Prasad`s action."
Similar protests have been staged several times in
Parliament and other Legislative Houses in the past too, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India