Lalu didn’t tutor me to tear Lokpal Bill: Rajniti Prasad
New Delhi: RJD MP Rajniti Prasad on Sunday rubbished BJP`s allegation that Lalu Prasad had "orchestrated"
his action of tearing the Lokpal Bill in Rajya Sabha, saying
his party chief had not tutored him to do so.
"Laluji had not tutored me to take any such action
(tearing the Lokpal Bill)," he said.
"There was no ring master behind my action...Whatever I
did was an outcome of my emotional outbursts on the spur of
the moment," the Rajya Sabha member said.
During the high drama shortly before midnight, the RJD
chief was seated in the Lok Sabha members` gallery of the
Upper House, calmly watching the scene.
An unrepentant Prasad said he would not allow passage of
the bill in the House in future also if it did not incorporate
amendments like defining the applicability of reservation for
SC/ST/OBC, minority and women in the anti-graft panel and
excluding Prime Minister from its ambit.
Asked if he would again tear the bill, he said, "My way
of protest will depend on the situation at that time."
As the MP justified his action, his party colleagues in
the Upper House also supported him.
Leader of RJD in Rajya Sabha Zabir Hussain said one has
to see his action in the context of the situation.
"Not only Rajniti Prasad, but we all RJD representatives
were angry over government`s failure to explain if the
minority community will get a place in the anti-graft panel.
Prasad could not control his emotions," he said.
Hussain, who has served as Chairman of Bihar Legislative
Council for a decade, said besides this is not for the first
time that such an event has taken place in a legislative
RJD member Ramkripal Yadav, who was by the side of Prasad
when he was creating uproar in Rajya Sabha on the bill, said,
"There was no bad intention in Prasad`s action."
Similar protests have been staged several times in
Parliament and other Legislative Houses in the past too, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside
- Aprilia SR 150 to be launched at Rs 65,000; book via PayTM, get 100% cashback on booking amount
- Shah Rukh Khan just apologised to 'Dil Se' co-star Preity Zinta! Here's why
- Naming of new RBI chief shows Modi government regains composure after Rajan shock
- JNU PhD student drugged, raped by AISA activist in hostel room? Know details of complaint