Lalu flays BJP for raising dynastic politics issue
New Delhi: In a veiled attack on BJP, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad today said political parties which fail to grow often target others on issues like "dynastic politics" and said there was need to bring youth leaders to forefront.
Participating in the debate on Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development Bill, 2012 in Lok Sabha, Prasad said an atmosphere of "hatred" was created against the Gandhi family in the name of dynastic politics and recalled how Rajiv Gandhi managed the affairs well as Prime Minister after the assassination of Indira Gandhi.
He said Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi has registered the visibility of Congress in Uttar Pradesh in the recently-held assembly elections.
Referring to UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, he said he has been accepted as their leader by the people of the state.
He said it was necessary to bring the youth to the forefront to lead the country.
The RJD leader said there were reports that he was preparing his son as his successor. "Am I getting old," he said scoffing at reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read