Lalu for probe into three rail accidents
Patna: Former Railway minister Lalu Prasad
on Saturday called for a thorough probe into three accidents
involving five passenger trains in Uttar Pradesh amid dense
fog and near zero visibility conditions today.
"It is sad ... the accidents must be probed thoroughly and
responsibility of the officials from top to bottom be fixed
for allowing movement of trains though there was near zero
visibility condition", Prasad, also the RJD supremo, told
"Normally in such a situation, the trains are controlled
at different stations or cancelled instead of allowing them to
move", he said.
Ten people were killed and 39 injured, 15 of them
seriously, in three accidents involving five passenger trains
in Uttar Pradesh early today.
Prasad also demanded the Railways to provide jobs for
all those who suffered injuries in today`s accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites