Lalu for solution of `back-breaking` price rise
New Delhi: Describing the price rise
situation in the country as "back-breaking", RJD supremo Lalu
Prasad on Wednesday said a solution has to be found to provide
relief to the people.
"It is a back-breaking price-rise. Rich people do not
suffer... It is the common man who suffers the most," Lalu
told reporters outside the Parliament.
He, however, opposed bandhs against price rise.
"The solution is not bandhs or speeches. Giving
speeches or organising bandhs (on price rise) are not going to
solve the problem. We have organised many Bharat bandhs and
Bihar bandhs. But has it given relief to the people?" he
The RJD leader, who is keeping a low profile after
remaining out of the UPA-II regime, said all political parties
need to sit together and find out solution to the problem.
Criticising the decision to increase kerosene prices,
he said, "In Bihar, 90 per cent of the people do not have
electricity. They depend on kerosene."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured