Lalu for solution of `back-breaking` price rise
New Delhi: Describing the price rise
situation in the country as "back-breaking", RJD supremo Lalu
Prasad on Wednesday said a solution has to be found to provide
relief to the people.
"It is a back-breaking price-rise. Rich people do not
suffer... It is the common man who suffers the most," Lalu
told reporters outside the Parliament.
He, however, opposed bandhs against price rise.
"The solution is not bandhs or speeches. Giving
speeches or organising bandhs (on price rise) are not going to
solve the problem. We have organised many Bharat bandhs and
Bihar bandhs. But has it given relief to the people?" he
The RJD leader, who is keeping a low profile after
remaining out of the UPA-II regime, said all political parties
need to sit together and find out solution to the problem.
Criticising the decision to increase kerosene prices,
he said, "In Bihar, 90 per cent of the people do not have
electricity. They depend on kerosene."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Easy money is spoiling cricketers: Glenn McGrath
- Mouth-watering! World's 'longest' Vada Pao made in Gurgaon
- Hollande voices `concern` to Putin over Ukraine tension: Presidency
- Merger with Samajwadi Party difficult, can forge alliance: Mukhtar Ansari
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack