Lalu for solution of `back-breaking` price rise
New Delhi: Describing the price rise
situation in the country as "back-breaking", RJD supremo Lalu
Prasad on Wednesday said a solution has to be found to provide
relief to the people.
"It is a back-breaking price-rise. Rich people do not
suffer... It is the common man who suffers the most," Lalu
told reporters outside the Parliament.
He, however, opposed bandhs against price rise.
"The solution is not bandhs or speeches. Giving
speeches or organising bandhs (on price rise) are not going to
solve the problem. We have organised many Bharat bandhs and
Bihar bandhs. But has it given relief to the people?" he
The RJD leader, who is keeping a low profile after
remaining out of the UPA-II regime, said all political parties
need to sit together and find out solution to the problem.
Criticising the decision to increase kerosene prices,
he said, "In Bihar, 90 per cent of the people do not have
electricity. They depend on kerosene."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed