Lalu for solution of `back-breaking` price rise
New Delhi: Describing the price rise
situation in the country as "back-breaking", RJD supremo Lalu
Prasad on Wednesday said a solution has to be found to provide
relief to the people.
"It is a back-breaking price-rise. Rich people do not
suffer... It is the common man who suffers the most," Lalu
told reporters outside the Parliament.
He, however, opposed bandhs against price rise.
"The solution is not bandhs or speeches. Giving
speeches or organising bandhs (on price rise) are not going to
solve the problem. We have organised many Bharat bandhs and
Bihar bandhs. But has it given relief to the people?" he
The RJD leader, who is keeping a low profile after
remaining out of the UPA-II regime, said all political parties
need to sit together and find out solution to the problem.
Criticising the decision to increase kerosene prices,
he said, "In Bihar, 90 per cent of the people do not have
electricity. They depend on kerosene."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress