Lalu miffed over RJD room being given to Trinamool
New Delhi: Miffed over the RJD office room in
Parliament being allotted to Trinamool Congress, Lalu Prasad
has shot off a letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar asking
her to reconsider the decision.
The RJD chief, who has also raised the issue with Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee, was determined not to give up his
party`s claim on Room No.129 saying "this has been our room
and will remain our office."
Prasad told reporters on Thursday that a similar situation had
arisen earlier also when this room was allotted to BSP but the
matter was later resolved.
Prasad`s party was given this room during UPA 1 when he
was Railway Minister and his party had 24 MPs in Lok Sabha.
Now RJD`s strength in Lok Sabha is reduced to four. It
has four members in the Rajya Sabha.
Trinamool Congress, which has 19 MPs in Lok Sabha and
two in Rajya Sabha does not have an office room though it does
have a chamber for Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi.
According to the Parliament rules a party with a
minimum of seven MPs in both Houses is entitled to a room and
the size of the room given to parties depend upon their
strength in the Houses. While the rooms for ministers are
allotted by the Government, Speaker does it in case of party
In the latest allotment, Mamata Banerjee’s party was
given room 129 while the RJD was given a smaller room number
125. After the room was allotted to Trinamool Congress, two of
its MPs yesterday went to see Room Number 129 but found it
occupied by RJD members.
"They were not knowing that we are already keeping the
room. We called them inside and offered them tea. There is no
dispute between us," RJD MP Jagtanand Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery