Lalu, Paswan demand high-level inquiry into collapse
Patna: RJD leader Lalu Prasad and his LJP
counterpart Ramvilas Paswan today demanded a high-level
inquiry into the collapse of the four-storeyed building in New
"It is shocking ... the Delhi government should institute
a high-level inquiry into the collapse", Prasad and Paswan
told reporters before leaving for campaigning.
They also demanded an ex-gratia payment of Rs 20 lakh to
bereaved families of each of the deceased and free treatment
and compensation for the injured.
Prasad also demanded that a case of murder be registered
against the builder.
The building collapse in East Delhi had claimed 67 lives
and left 129 injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah