Lalu, Paswan should reconsider support to UPA: Bihar deputy CM
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday asked RJD and LJP to reconsider their outside support to the UPA government, saying this was for the first time since Independence that the state has faced such "stark discrimination" in the Rail budget.
"Of the 67 new trains announced in the Rail budget today, only six are for Bihar and out of that five are weekly trains," Modi said.
"Of the 136 new tracks, gauge conversion, doubling and electrification announced in the Rail budget, only one is meant for Bihar," Modi, also a BJP leader, said.
He said considering the utter neglect of Bihar in the Rail budget, RJD chief Lalu Prasad and LJP president Ramvilas Paswan should reconsider their support to the UPA government at the Centre.
Modi said Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal had said 365 pending projects would be taken up in the 12th Five Year plan. "The fate of over two dozen Railway projects announced by Lalu Prasad for Bihar as minister in UPA I government involving an investment of Rs 40,000 crore hangs in balance," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!