Lalu, Paswan to raise issue of Tibetans in Parliament
Chandigarh: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad and LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan have assured the Tibetan community of raising its problems in Parliament, a leader of Tibetan government in exile today said.
Dawa Tsering, chairman of the representative committee, said the two leaders have assured of raising the issue in the coming Budget session, after being approached by the community in its efforts to garner support for the Tibetan cause.
"As part of our ongoing campaign throughout the country to create awareness among Indians and the international community about the plight of Tibetans in Tibet, we recently met Lalu Prasad and Ramvilas Paswan," Tsering said.
He said the Tibetan delegation appraised the two leaders about the "human rights violations" in Tibet, besides various other issues being confronted by the community.
"They assured us that in the forthcoming Budget session of the Parliament they will raise these (issues)," he said at a press conference here.
Tsering said Paswan, while addressing the delegation in Delhi on February 2, "expressed solidarity with our cause".
As part of its campaign which started on December 31 last year, the leaders of the government in exile have been touring different parts of India to aware people about their cause.
Among others leaders, the delegation has so far met chief ministers of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Haryana, besides politicians in Punjab and Uttar Pradesh, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’