Lalu Prasad irks Meira Kumar
New Delhi: RJD leader Lalu Prasad Tuesday irritated Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar by intervening and speaking out of turn in the House.
"Please don`t play politics in running down a member. All members are respectable to me," said the speaker.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief was upset as the speaker had asked him not to stand up and speak out of turn.
The former Bihar chief minister first shouted back but soon realised his mistake and sat down smiling at the speaker`s observation.
"I need to say something to a member to run the House. I will be sad if politics is played over the issue," said the speaker.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference