Lalu Prasad irks Meira Kumar
New Delhi: RJD leader Lalu Prasad Tuesday irritated Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar by intervening and speaking out of turn in the House.
"Please don`t play politics in running down a member. All members are respectable to me," said the speaker.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief was upset as the speaker had asked him not to stand up and speak out of turn.
The former Bihar chief minister first shouted back but soon realised his mistake and sat down smiling at the speaker`s observation.
"I need to say something to a member to run the House. I will be sad if politics is played over the issue," said the speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani