Lalu slams Nitish govt over raid on ad agency office
Patna: Seeking to fish in troubled waters,
RJD president Lalu Yadav Sunday criticised the Nitish Kumar
government for targeting an ad agency instead of taking action
against ally BJP on newspaper advertisements showing him
alongside Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi.
"The Nitish government should have taken action against
the BJP on whose behest the advertisement was published and
not against the ad company which did the marketing job", he
said at a meeting of party leaders here.
Prasa contested the claim of his arch-rival Kumar that
the ad agency should have taken prior permission before using
his photograph, saying there was no need for it as the content
of the advertisement was factually correct.
"It`s a fact that both Kumar and Modi shook each
other`s hand at an election rally in Ludhiana last year and
the photo was clicked by the media and published in the
newspapers and telecast on the electronic channels," the RJD
supremo said, adding Kumar should not have "vent his
frustration" on the agency.
"If at all the Bihar Chief Minister felt aggrieved,
then he should have pulled up the BJP managers for releasing
the advertisement and taken action against them instead of
choosing a soft target in the ad agency," he said.
The state police had earlier in the day raided the
premise of the ad agency and seized the PDF files and e-mails
received by the agency in connection with the advertisements.
The RJD supremo also flayed the Chief Minister for his
last minute decision to cancel the dinner last night
for the visiting BJP delegates, saying it was against "our
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical