Lalu supports Telangana, steers clear of Mithilanchal
New Delhi: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Friday
supported creation of Telangana state, but steered clear of
the demand for carving out Mithilanchal from Bihar.
"We are for creation of separate states for the
fulfilment of people`s aspirations. There should be a separate
Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh," Lalu told reporters
However, on the demand for creation of Mithilanchal
state, Lalu was cryptic and said "I will talk".
Lalu, who was busy campaigning in Jharkhand elections,
attended Parliament for the first time today during the winter
session, which started on November 9.
Reiterating his support for creation of smaller states,
he said "Telangana was a neglected area for long and that is
why naxalism thrived there. Resignation of any MP or MLA
should not affect it."
He said the party supported creation of separate states
like Purvanchal and Bundelkhand.
When it was pointed out that smaller states like
Jharkhand has become a den of corruption, he said corruption
takes place in bigger states and also in the capital.
The RJD supremo was critical of government`s role on
Leberhan report. "There was nothing in the Action Taken
Report. No strict action was taken against anybody. There was
negligence and as a result, now people will be at liberty to
do whatever they want."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living