Lalu was ambivalent to arrest Advani: Ranjan Yadav
Patna: While RJD president Lalu Prasad is trumpeting getting LK Advani arrested in Bihar in 1990, his friend-turned foe Ranjan Yadav on Thursday claimed Prasad was ambivalent and took the decision only when told his government would be dismissed by VP Singh if he fails to do so.
"On the night of 23rd October 1990 around 01.30 in the midnight Lalu Prasad came to me to discuss what should be done as then PM V P Singh and Sharad Yadav were pressurising him to arrest Advani in Bihar. I told Prasad unless you arrest Advani your government would be dismissed," Ranjan Yadav said in a statement here.
"It was only after that Prasad made up his mind and took a decision to arrest Advani," Yadav, who defeated Prasad to become a JD(U) Lok Sabha member from Patliputra seat in Patna district, said.
"Till Advani was arrested Sharad Yadav was in constant touch with then Chief Minister of Bihar Lalu Prasad," he added.
"It is a false statement to make that Advani was arrested by Prasad alone," Yadav, once a bosom pal of Prasad but who fell with him later said adding "I was present all along with Prasad on that night I wish to make facts clear in public domain".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Jules Bianchi: Late F1 driver's family plan legal action against F1
- Aamir Khan, Kajol's 'Fanaa' ticks 10 years, team celebrates on Twitter!
- Manchester United lacked identity under Louis van Gaal, says Cristiano Ronaldo
- Want to take more people of colour on my show: Aziz Ansari
- Twitter poll a prophecy? 61% of fans feel Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will sprint ahead 300 cr mark!