Lalu was ambivalent to arrest Advani: Ranjan Yadav
Patna: While RJD president Lalu Prasad is trumpeting getting LK Advani arrested in Bihar in 1990, his friend-turned foe Ranjan Yadav on Thursday claimed Prasad was ambivalent and took the decision only when told his government would be dismissed by VP Singh if he fails to do so.
"On the night of 23rd October 1990 around 01.30 in the midnight Lalu Prasad came to me to discuss what should be done as then PM V P Singh and Sharad Yadav were pressurising him to arrest Advani in Bihar. I told Prasad unless you arrest Advani your government would be dismissed," Ranjan Yadav said in a statement here.
"It was only after that Prasad made up his mind and took a decision to arrest Advani," Yadav, who defeated Prasad to become a JD(U) Lok Sabha member from Patliputra seat in Patna district, said.
"Till Advani was arrested Sharad Yadav was in constant touch with then Chief Minister of Bihar Lalu Prasad," he added.
"It is a false statement to make that Advani was arrested by Prasad alone," Yadav, once a bosom pal of Prasad but who fell with him later said adding "I was present all along with Prasad on that night I wish to make facts clear in public domain".
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today