Lalu Yadav is an empty shell: Yashwant Sinha
Ranchi: BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Saturday termed RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav as an "empty shell" aiming to gain relevance by criticising the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"What to say about Lalu Ji. He is an empty shell and lost his explosiveness," Sinha told reporters here.
Responding to Yadav`s accusation of the BJP as communal and Modi as a supporter of the Capitalists after his release from jail on Monday, Sinha said the current political trend was such that many politicians want "to become relevant" in the country by criticising the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"And Lalu is in that category," claimed the former external affairs minister.
Stating that Modi has been sending out developmental messages through his meetings across the country, Sinha said Modi`s last meeting of the year scheduled in Ranchi on December 29, would be a "turning point" for politics in Jharkhand as well.
"His (Modi) message to Jharkhand would be to vote for one party which would erase the past instable coalition governments," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre