Lalu Yadav is an empty shell: Yashwant Sinha
Ranchi: BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Saturday termed RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav as an "empty shell" aiming to gain relevance by criticising the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"What to say about Lalu Ji. He is an empty shell and lost his explosiveness," Sinha told reporters here.
Responding to Yadav`s accusation of the BJP as communal and Modi as a supporter of the Capitalists after his release from jail on Monday, Sinha said the current political trend was such that many politicians want "to become relevant" in the country by criticising the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"And Lalu is in that category," claimed the former external affairs minister.
Stating that Modi has been sending out developmental messages through his meetings across the country, Sinha said Modi`s last meeting of the year scheduled in Ranchi on December 29, would be a "turning point" for politics in Jharkhand as well.
"His (Modi) message to Jharkhand would be to vote for one party which would erase the past instable coalition governments," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Divorce rates lowest among Hindus; more prevalent in Muslims, reveals latest Census data | Know details
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria