Lalu Yadav is an empty shell: Yashwant Sinha
Ranchi: BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Saturday termed RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav as an "empty shell" aiming to gain relevance by criticising the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"What to say about Lalu Ji. He is an empty shell and lost his explosiveness," Sinha told reporters here.
Responding to Yadav`s accusation of the BJP as communal and Modi as a supporter of the Capitalists after his release from jail on Monday, Sinha said the current political trend was such that many politicians want "to become relevant" in the country by criticising the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"And Lalu is in that category," claimed the former external affairs minister.
Stating that Modi has been sending out developmental messages through his meetings across the country, Sinha said Modi`s last meeting of the year scheduled in Ranchi on December 29, would be a "turning point" for politics in Jharkhand as well.
"His (Modi) message to Jharkhand would be to vote for one party which would erase the past instable coalition governments," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral