Lalu Yadav is an empty shell: Yashwant Sinha
Ranchi: BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Saturday termed RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav as an "empty shell" aiming to gain relevance by criticising the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"What to say about Lalu Ji. He is an empty shell and lost his explosiveness," Sinha told reporters here.
Responding to Yadav`s accusation of the BJP as communal and Modi as a supporter of the Capitalists after his release from jail on Monday, Sinha said the current political trend was such that many politicians want "to become relevant" in the country by criticising the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"And Lalu is in that category," claimed the former external affairs minister.
Stating that Modi has been sending out developmental messages through his meetings across the country, Sinha said Modi`s last meeting of the year scheduled in Ranchi on December 29, would be a "turning point" for politics in Jharkhand as well.
"His (Modi) message to Jharkhand would be to vote for one party which would erase the past instable coalition governments," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies