Lalu Yadav is an empty shell: Yashwant Sinha
Ranchi: BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Saturday termed RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav as an "empty shell" aiming to gain relevance by criticising the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"What to say about Lalu Ji. He is an empty shell and lost his explosiveness," Sinha told reporters here.
Responding to Yadav`s accusation of the BJP as communal and Modi as a supporter of the Capitalists after his release from jail on Monday, Sinha said the current political trend was such that many politicians want "to become relevant" in the country by criticising the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"And Lalu is in that category," claimed the former external affairs minister.
Stating that Modi has been sending out developmental messages through his meetings across the country, Sinha said Modi`s last meeting of the year scheduled in Ranchi on December 29, would be a "turning point" for politics in Jharkhand as well.
"His (Modi) message to Jharkhand would be to vote for one party which would erase the past instable coalition governments," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read