Lalu`s comment on tea seller is a good wish for Narendra Modi: BJP
Patna: With RJD President Lalu Prasad expressing doubt over Narendra Modi selling tea and claiming himself a "real" tea vendor, senior BJP leader Nand Kishore Yadav on Saturday said one thing is clear that even the RJD chief accepts that a tea seller could become Prime Minister.
"Its another thing that he is trying to compete in a race with Narendra Modi by claiming that he is a real tea seller. One thing is clear that even he is emphasising that a tea seller will become Prime Minister of the country," Yadav, who is leader of opposition in the state Legislative Assembly, told PTI.
The reaction also highlights that a humble background of tea seller is not a disadvantage but an asset for winning top constitutional post, he said.
Seeking to turn Prasad`s reaction to his party advantage, Yadav said "since he cannot contest election for 11 years following conviction in a fodder scam case indirectly he is wishing well to Narendra Modi sharing similar background of a tea seller."
Yadav, who has been winning Assembly elections from Patna Sahib seat for five times, himself used to sell tea in a cinema hall in the capital in his student days. His grandfather owned a canteen in a prominent cinema hall of the capital where he used to help him in selling tea and food stuffs during interval time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video