Lalu’s conviction sets Twitter abuzz
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: The indictment of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, who has been convicted in fodder scam on Monday along with 44 other accused, is keeping the social media abuzz.
Lalu was accused of fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.70 crore from Chaibasa district treasury of Jharkhand. Former chief minister Jagannath Mishra, two IAS officials and others were also involved in the scam.
However, as soon as CBI-designated court announced its verdict, tweets started flowing. While some believe complete justice has not been delivered, others poke fun at former Bihar CM.
Satbir Singh finds no big deal in 4-5 years imprisonment. “So, will the 900 crore be recovered from the convicts now? Otherwise, 4-5 years in jail is no big deal. It`s a fabulous trade-off. #lalu,” tweeted Satbir.
Dhanya Rajendran, on the other hand, welcomed the verdict. She tweeted, “Ok. This is a sign of good democracy. And hope for all citizens that d high and mighty cannot get away each time. #Lalu”
Sandip Ghose felt that PM Manmohan Singh would be relieved with this verdict as ‘Lalu Prasad’ overtook ‘Dehati Aurat’on Twitter. He wrote, “Thanks to #Lalu`s chara some attention has been diverted from the bechari #DehatiAurat !! Mercifully, Twitter attention span is short.”
Some also felt that this would pave way for alliance between Nitish Kumar and Congress while others took jibes on the verdict.
T S Sudhir tweeted, “With #Lalu inside, decks clear for Congress and Nitish Kumar to move closer to each other.”
Other witty mentions:
Stereotypewriter: Just In: RJD activists vow never to eat alu-containing samosas. #Lalu Prasad #FodderScam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'