Lalu`s hollow and misleading claim exposed: Modi
Patna: Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar
Modi on Tuesday said the suspension of construction work of the
rail factories at Marhaura and Madhepura in Bihar exposed the
`hollow and misleading` claim of former Railway Minister Lalu
Prasad about Railways earning successive profits.
The Railways has decided to suspend the two projects
because of financial deficit, Modi told reporters here.
"It has exposed the misleading and hollow claim of
Prasad who had harped on Railways earning huge profits of up
to Rs 90,000 crore successively during his stint at Rail
Bhavan, he said.
While Prasad had announced new Railways projects worth
Rs 55,000 crore for Bihar, but the white paper released by
Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee showed Railways running into
a loss of around Rs 40,000 crore.
"It has proved the jugglery of figure in the projection
of profits during the tenure of Prasad in the ministry," he
If Prasad was really serious about the execution of the
projects he should immediately withdraw RJD`s support to the
UPA government at the Centre.
Modi said he would get in touch with NDA MPs to rake up
the issue of suspension of works on these projects in the
budget session of Parliament.
He urged Banerjee to announce the setting up the two
projects in the Rail budget later this month.
Prasad had in 2007 announced to set up a diesel
locomotive engine factory at an expense of Rs 1400 crore at
Marhaura and another with an estimated investment of Rs 2025
crore at Madhepura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal