Lalu`s statement recorded in a fodder scam case
Ranchi: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Monday recorded his statement in a fodder scam case in a special CBI court while claiming that he was a victim of conspiracy in the Rs 950 fodder Animal Husbandry Department scandal.
Facing questions from special CBI judge A K Rai in the RC64A/96, the former Bihar chief minister claimed that he was innocent and asked how many times should he should be convicted for the same case after being been convicted in the RC20A/96 case earlier.
Recording the statement under CrPC 313 (power to examine the accused) in the case pertaining to illegal withdrawal of Rs 96 lakh from the Deogarh Treasury in the 1990s, Prasad alleged that the CBI?s chargesheet and documentary evidence contradicting each other and that the investigating agency had made him who was the complainant, guilty.
To a question, he denied having carried out any transfer or extension of any official during his chief ministerial tenure in the 1990s when the scam was unearthed.
The RJD chief?s counsel, Prabhat Kumar said that the court had asked the same questions which his client recorded during the RC20A/96 case.
On September 30 last year, Prasad was convicted and on October 3 sentenced to five years imprisonment in the RC 20A/96 fodder case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from the Chaibasa Treasury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’