Land Acquisition Bill referred to Standing Comm
New Delhi: The much-talked about Land
Acquisition Bill has been referred to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Rural Development which has been asked
to give its report within three months.
"...the Speaker, Lok Sabha has referred the Land
Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2011, as
introduced in Lok Sabha, to the Standing Committee on Rural
Development for examination and report within three months,"
the Lok Sabha Secretariat said.
The bill that seeks to replace a more than century old
Act was introduced by Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh
during the Monsoon Session of Parliament which concluded last
Ramesh had met Chairperson of the Standing Committee on
Rural Development, Sumitra Mahajan, for consultation over the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test