Land Acquisition Bill referred to Standing Comm
New Delhi: The much-talked about Land
Acquisition Bill has been referred to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Rural Development which has been asked
to give its report within three months.
"...the Speaker, Lok Sabha has referred the Land
Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2011, as
introduced in Lok Sabha, to the Standing Committee on Rural
Development for examination and report within three months,"
the Lok Sabha Secretariat said.
The bill that seeks to replace a more than century old
Act was introduced by Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh
during the Monsoon Session of Parliament which concluded last
Ramesh had met Chairperson of the Standing Committee on
Rural Development, Sumitra Mahajan, for consultation over the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?