Land Acquisition Bill referred to Standing Comm
New Delhi: The much-talked about Land
Acquisition Bill has been referred to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Rural Development which has been asked
to give its report within three months.
"...the Speaker, Lok Sabha has referred the Land
Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2011, as
introduced in Lok Sabha, to the Standing Committee on Rural
Development for examination and report within three months,"
the Lok Sabha Secretariat said.
The bill that seeks to replace a more than century old
Act was introduced by Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh
during the Monsoon Session of Parliament which concluded last
Ramesh had met Chairperson of the Standing Committee on
Rural Development, Sumitra Mahajan, for consultation over the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling