Land acquisition Bill should include coal mining also: CPI(M)
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Monday said the proposed land acquisition Bill should include the aspect of coal mining also and the party would seek amendement to this effect when it comes up in Parliament.
"The land acquisition Bill is lacking on coal mining issue. When the land is acquired for coal mining under Coal Mining Act, it does not get covered under the proposed Land Acquisition Act. So, the provisions of compensation, rehabilitation and other benefits are not applicable when the land is acquired for coal mining," CPI(M) leader Prakash Karat said here.
"So, our demand is to include it in the proposed Land Acquisition Act and we will seek amendments to this effect in Parliament", Karat said after a documentary show on coal mining here.
The Colliery Mazdoor Sabha of India showed an half-an- hour film called "The Dark" depicting the condition and exploitation of mine workers.
Taking note of pilferage of coal in these mines, Karat said "there are pilferages in the whole area of mining, illegal mining and the expolitaion of mine workers.
"While we are arguing that coal mining which are nationalised should remain nationalised, the various corrupt practices including pilferage should be stopped. Government should take prompt steps to stop it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested