Land acquisition bill to incorporate Parl panel recommendations
New Delhi: The proposed land acquisition bill will be introduced in the Lok Sabha after incorporating the recommendations made by the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Rural Development, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"Based on the recommendations of the Committee or otherwise, the Department of Land Resources proposes to introduce official amendments to the Bill in the Lok Sabha," Minister of State for Rural Development Sisir Kumar Adhikari told Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
The Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (LARR) Bill, 2011, was approved by the Cabinet in September 2011 and was referred to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Rural Development the same month following its introduction in the Lok Sabha.
Adhikari informed the House as per a clause of the Bill, when any land "acquired under this Act remains unutilised for a period of 10 years from the date of taking over the possession, the same shall return to the Land Bank of appropriate government by reversion".
Replying to a question on MNREGA scheme, Minister of State for Rural Development Pradeep Jain Aditya said the ministry has requested National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO) to conduct survey on its implementation in Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
"NSSO has completed the survey and has given preliminary reports to the Ministry... Since inception (2006-07), around Rs 1,10,000 crore has gone directly as wage payment to rural households under MNREGA and 1,200 crore person-day of employment have been generated," Jain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters