Land acquisition: SC notice to UP govt, GNIDA
New Delhi: In a setback for real estate developers and thousands of buyers, the Supreme Court on Tuesday issued a notice to the Uttar Pradesh government and the Greater Noida Authority in connection with the land acquired from farmers for developing housing projects in several Noida villages.
According to reports, the Supreme Court, while responding to a petition moved by a farmer, asked the UP government and the GNOIDA why should not the recent Allahabad Court ruling in the case be quashed?
The apex court gave them a three-week time to file a reply on the issue.
The Supreme Court ruling comes nearly three months after the Allahabad High Court quashed the notification of three villages of Gautam Budh Nagar District by the UP government for development of Greater Noida and Noida Extension areas.
The court also ordered for additional compensation for most of other villages.
The full bench comprising Justice Ashok Bhushan and Justice V K Shukla and Justice S U Khan pronounced judgement for 63 villages of Greater Noida and Noida.
The court quashed the notification of Devla, Chakshahberi and Asadullahpur villages and ordered that the farmers from these villages, who had already taken compensation, have to return the compensation to the authorities to get their land.
The court has ordered that the authorities to give about 64% compensation against their acquired land.
The court also ordered the authorities that 10% developed lands should also be given to farmers.
The court further directed the Cabinet Secretary of the UP government to commission an inquiry on why the land taken from farmers was assigned to private builders.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY