Land allotted yet Pol Parties occupy VP House
New Delhi: Congress, BJP and several other
political parties continue to occupy suites in Vithalbhai
Patel House despite having been allotted land for construction
of their offices, according to an RTI reply.
"In case political parties are in occupation of
Government Bungalows/Suites in Vithalbhai Patel House for the
purpose of their office, they should vacate the same
immediately on construction of their office building on the
plot of land allotted to them, or within three years from the
date of taking over vacant possession of the plot whichever
is earlier," the policy provided in the reply says.
According to the reply provided to SC Agrawal, Congress
and BJP occupy eight suites in the VP House located near
Parliament, Janata Dal (United) has two, while RJD, Shiv Sena,
AIADMK, TDP, SAD, Janata Dal (S), RLD have one each, as per
the data till June 30, 2011 provided by the Urban Development
The reply also gave details of land allotted to political
parties for their office buildings. Congress got nearly 9,500
square yards in 1975 at Rajinder Prasad Road and 8,092 square
meters at 9-A Kotla Road in 2007 while the BJP got 1.87 acres
of land in 2001, it shows.
RJD which was part of the UPA-I got four plots totalling
1904 square meter at Kotla Road in 2007, the reply says.
Communist Party of India (Marxist) got 1197 square meter
allotted in 1967 at Market Road Institutional Area while
another four plots totalling 2535 square meter were allotted
in 2008. CPI 0.3 acres in 1967 at Kotla Marg.
JD(U) which was part of ruling NDA got 2000 square meter
for its office in Vasant Vihar Institutional Area in 2010
while BJP`s Delhi State unit got 1008 square meter in Kotla
Road in the same year.
AIADMK got 1008 square meter at Pusph Vihar in 2010,
Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee got 1127 square yards at
Rouse Avenue Institutional Area in 1987 while Trinamool
Congress got 1000 square meter at DDU Marg in 2011, it says.
The requests for the allotment of land for offices of
BSP, NCP and Shiv Sena are pending, it says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says