Land Bill back in LS for fresh approval
New Delhi: The Land Acquisition Bill, which was passed by Rajya Sabha last night, was on Thursday returned to Lok Sabha to seek its approval for the fresh amendments passed by the Upper House.
Lok Sabha Secretary General A Bal Shekar informed the House that the Rajya Sabha has returned the bill with amendments.
The fresh amendments include one on dilution of retrospective clause with regard to acquisition of land for irrigation projects.
The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2012, which got the nod of Lok Sabha last week, was passed by Upper House by 131-10 votes with four new official amendments, proposed by opposition parties, including BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price