Land bill: SC rejects PIL seeking CBI probe against Robert Vadra
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a petition seeking a CBI probe against buisnessman and Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra in land acquisition case in Haryana.
The court slammed the petition which had demanded CBI investigation in the case.
While dismissing the PIL filed by advocate ML Sharma, the bench of Justice HL Dattu and Justice Ranjan Gogoi said that a PIL cannot be used to target and bring down the reputation of one person and for gaining cheap publicity.
Justice Dattu also told Sharma that he shouldn’t destroy the good job done by him for cheap publicity.
Senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka had alleged in a report that Vadra had falsified documents to execute a series of fraud transactions for the sale of 3.5 acres of land in Gurgaon to real estate giant DLF for Rs. 58 crore.
Meanwhile, the Haryana government has completely denied giving any preferential treatment to Vadra.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!