Land bill: SC rejects PIL seeking CBI probe against Robert Vadra
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a petition seeking a CBI probe against buisnessman and Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra in land acquisition case in Haryana.
The court slammed the petition which had demanded CBI investigation in the case.
While dismissing the PIL filed by advocate ML Sharma, the bench of Justice HL Dattu and Justice Ranjan Gogoi said that a PIL cannot be used to target and bring down the reputation of one person and for gaining cheap publicity.
Justice Dattu also told Sharma that he shouldn’t destroy the good job done by him for cheap publicity.
Senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka had alleged in a report that Vadra had falsified documents to execute a series of fraud transactions for the sale of 3.5 acres of land in Gurgaon to real estate giant DLF for Rs. 58 crore.
Meanwhile, the Haryana government has completely denied giving any preferential treatment to Vadra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC