Land grabbing case: MHADA replies to IAF charges
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Housing and
Development Authority (MHADA) on Wednesday filed a reply to the Air
Force`s allegations that it had grabbed defence land.
The IAF had alleged that MHADA manipulated property
records to take over nearly 49,000 sq m of defence land at the
Rifle Range in Golibar, Santacruz.
Six buildings have come up on this land as part of a slum
rehabilitation scheme and the IAF has sought their demolition.
In its reply, MHADA said the land in question had been
given to it by the state government in 1971 and so the state
government should also be made a party to the court
The civil court hearing the case then adjourned the
matter to tomorrow.
The IAF had accused MHADA of allowing a private developer
to illegally set up multi-storied apartments on the land
without procuring a no-objection certificate from it.
Apart from the six seven-storey buildings, a seventh one,
proposed to be 14-storeys tall, is under construction on the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!