Land grabbing case: MHADA replies to IAF charges
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Housing and
Development Authority (MHADA) on Wednesday filed a reply to the Air
Force`s allegations that it had grabbed defence land.
The IAF had alleged that MHADA manipulated property
records to take over nearly 49,000 sq m of defence land at the
Rifle Range in Golibar, Santacruz.
Six buildings have come up on this land as part of a slum
rehabilitation scheme and the IAF has sought their demolition.
In its reply, MHADA said the land in question had been
given to it by the state government in 1971 and so the state
government should also be made a party to the court
The civil court hearing the case then adjourned the
matter to tomorrow.
The IAF had accused MHADA of allowing a private developer
to illegally set up multi-storied apartments on the land
without procuring a no-objection certificate from it.
Apart from the six seven-storey buildings, a seventh one,
proposed to be 14-storeys tall, is under construction on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok