Land grabbing case: MHADA replies to IAF charges
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Housing and
Development Authority (MHADA) on Wednesday filed a reply to the Air
Force`s allegations that it had grabbed defence land.
The IAF had alleged that MHADA manipulated property
records to take over nearly 49,000 sq m of defence land at the
Rifle Range in Golibar, Santacruz.
Six buildings have come up on this land as part of a slum
rehabilitation scheme and the IAF has sought their demolition.
In its reply, MHADA said the land in question had been
given to it by the state government in 1971 and so the state
government should also be made a party to the court
The civil court hearing the case then adjourned the
matter to tomorrow.
The IAF had accused MHADA of allowing a private developer
to illegally set up multi-storied apartments on the land
without procuring a no-objection certificate from it.
Apart from the six seven-storey buildings, a seventh one,
proposed to be 14-storeys tall, is under construction on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!