Land grabbing case: MHADA replies to IAF charges
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Housing and
Development Authority (MHADA) on Wednesday filed a reply to the Air
Force`s allegations that it had grabbed defence land.
The IAF had alleged that MHADA manipulated property
records to take over nearly 49,000 sq m of defence land at the
Rifle Range in Golibar, Santacruz.
Six buildings have come up on this land as part of a slum
rehabilitation scheme and the IAF has sought their demolition.
In its reply, MHADA said the land in question had been
given to it by the state government in 1971 and so the state
government should also be made a party to the court
The civil court hearing the case then adjourned the
matter to tomorrow.
The IAF had accused MHADA of allowing a private developer
to illegally set up multi-storied apartments on the land
without procuring a no-objection certificate from it.
Apart from the six seven-storey buildings, a seventh one,
proposed to be 14-storeys tall, is under construction on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?