Landslide hits Konkan rail services
Panaji: Train services on the Goa-Mumbai Konkan railway route were disrupted Wednesday following a landslide near Ratnagiri in Maharashtra.
According to spokesman Baban Ghatge of Konkan Railway, several trains have been halted on both sides of Ratnagiri, about 150 km from here.
"The landslide occurred in the early hours. We are trying our best to remove the debris from the tracks so that rail traffic can resume," Ghatge said.
The Konkan route stretches from Mumbai to Thiruvananthapuram and connects the states on the country`s western coastline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?