Landslide hits Konkan rail services
Panaji: Train services on the Goa-Mumbai Konkan railway route were disrupted Wednesday following a landslide near Ratnagiri in Maharashtra.
According to spokesman Baban Ghatge of Konkan Railway, several trains have been halted on both sides of Ratnagiri, about 150 km from here.
"The landslide occurred in the early hours. We are trying our best to remove the debris from the tracks so that rail traffic can resume," Ghatge said.
The Konkan route stretches from Mumbai to Thiruvananthapuram and connects the states on the country`s western coastline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says