Landslide hits Konkan rail services
Panaji: Train services on the Goa-Mumbai Konkan railway route were disrupted Wednesday following a landslide near Ratnagiri in Maharashtra.
According to spokesman Baban Ghatge of Konkan Railway, several trains have been halted on both sides of Ratnagiri, about 150 km from here.
"The landslide occurred in the early hours. We are trying our best to remove the debris from the tracks so that rail traffic can resume," Ghatge said.
The Konkan route stretches from Mumbai to Thiruvananthapuram and connects the states on the country`s western coastline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Public sector bank employees on strike today; operations hit
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected