Landslide hits Konkan rail services
Panaji: Train services on the Goa-Mumbai Konkan railway route were disrupted Wednesday following a landslide near Ratnagiri in Maharashtra.
According to spokesman Baban Ghatge of Konkan Railway, several trains have been halted on both sides of Ratnagiri, about 150 km from here.
"The landslide occurred in the early hours. We are trying our best to remove the debris from the tracks so that rail traffic can resume," Ghatge said.
The Konkan route stretches from Mumbai to Thiruvananthapuram and connects the states on the country`s western coastline.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!