Lankan court extends remand of 41 Indian fishermen till Sep 20
Rameswaram: A court in Sri Lanka on Friday extended till September 20 the judicial remand of 41 Indian fishermen from here and Mandapam, arrested recently for allegedly crossing into the island waters.
Mannar Judicial Magistrate Anandhi Kanakarathinam passed the order extending the remand, local fishermen association leader S Emerit told reporters here quoting information received from Sri Lanka.
Twenty one fishermen were arrested on July 5, while the others on August 30 by the Sri Lankan Naval personnel for allegedly entering their territorial waters and lodged in Vavuniya prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal