Lankan court extends remand of 41 Indian fishermen till Sep 20
Rameswaram: A court in Sri Lanka on Friday extended till September 20 the judicial remand of 41 Indian fishermen from here and Mandapam, arrested recently for allegedly crossing into the island waters.
Mannar Judicial Magistrate Anandhi Kanakarathinam passed the order extending the remand, local fishermen association leader S Emerit told reporters here quoting information received from Sri Lanka.
Twenty one fishermen were arrested on July 5, while the others on August 30 by the Sri Lankan Naval personnel for allegedly entering their territorial waters and lodged in Vavuniya prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez