Lankan national deported from France for holding fake passport
Chennai: A 24-year-old Sri Lankan national was deported from France on Saturday for allegedly possessing a fake Indian passport.
Nandakumar Rajaratne, who was staying here on a tourist visa, flew to France on March 28 via Abu Dhabi and after French officials found him in possession of a fake passport, deported him to India, airport officials said.
On his arrival, he was detained for inquiry by police and immigration officials who questioned him for hours, the officials said, adding that he told them that a Colombo-based man had provided him with the fake passport.
Sri Lankan officials have been informed about the person who allegedly handed over the fake passport to Rajaratne, they said.
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day