Lapses in procurement: CVC effects recovery of over Rs 1 crore
New Delhi: A recovery of over Rs one crore has been effected by the Central Vigilance Commission after technical examination of public procurement and other works being carried out by central government organisations.
The Chief Technical Examination wing, an investigating arm under the CVC, has effected recovery of Rs 1.09 crore in January this year, according to the anti-corruption watchdog`s performance report for the month.
However, the report did not give detail of works and name of organisation from where the recovery was effected.
The probity watchdog has effected recovery of Rs 152.29 crore last year after technical examination of 61 works carried out by various government departments.
The CVC has received 3,375 complaints of alleged corruption, including 100 from whistleblowers, during the month.
The Commission also imposed major penalty, which may include withholding of increment and suspension among others, against 144 government employees for their alleged involvement in corruption.
Of these, 25 officials were working in Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), 21 in Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI), ten in Punjab National Bank, nine in State Bank of India, eight in Syndicate Bank and seven each in Canara Bank and Department of Telecommunications among others.
Besides, six each officials working in Ministry of Railways and Delhi Transport Corporation, five in UCO Bank, four in Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd and three each in Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Union Bank of India, Life Insurance Corporation of India Ltd, Bharat Coking Coal Ltd and South Eastern Coalfields Ltd among others were penalised by the Commission.
The CVC also expressed concern over delay in filling the post of Chief Vigilance Officer, who acts as the distant arm of anti-graft panel, in State Trading Corporation of India Ltd, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!