Last batch of Haj pilgrimage leaves from Varanasi
Varanasi: As many as 145 Haj pilgrims boarded
the special flight to New Delhi, marking the completion of Haj
pilgrimage in the region today.
District minority welfare officer VK Jaiswal said that
the final day of Haj Yatra witnessed departure of only one
special flight to New Delhi instead of two special flights.
Earlier, two special flights carrying around 250 pilgrims
took off from Babatpur airport every day from here.
The Haj special flights started from here on November 3,
carrying 250 pilgrims from the region on the first day.
According to Abdul Samad, in-charge, state Haj committee
(East UP), a total of 4,125 pilgrims in the region have gone
for Haj Yatra during this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH