Last date for online registration for CAT extended till Oct 11
New Delhi: To enable more aspiring students
apply for the Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission into
the prestigious IIMs, the last date for online registration
has been extended to October 11.
Earlier, the last date for registration was October one.
For the first time, the CAT this year is being conducted by
computers and Prometric, an American agency, will conduct the
test on behalf of the IIMs.
The sale of CAT forms at designated AXIS bank branches has
been extended until October eight, the Prometric said. The
decision was taken by the IIMs and Prometric in view of a
series of bank holidays this month.
The sale of forms and online registration for CAT had
started on September nine and about two lakh students have
already registered for the test till date.
The computer–based test, scheduled between November 28 and
December seven, will be conducted at 105 centres in 32 cities
across the country. About 2.5 lakh students had appeared in
the test last year.
Students qualifying the test will be eligible for
admission into IIMs and a number of leading B-Schools in the
country. At present, there are seven IIMs having about 1700
seats. The government is set to open six more IIMs, of which
four are expected to start functioning from the coming
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!