Last date for online registration for CAT extended till Oct 11
New Delhi: To enable more aspiring students
apply for the Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission into
the prestigious IIMs, the last date for online registration
has been extended to October 11.
Earlier, the last date for registration was October one.
For the first time, the CAT this year is being conducted by
computers and Prometric, an American agency, will conduct the
test on behalf of the IIMs.
The sale of CAT forms at designated AXIS bank branches has
been extended until October eight, the Prometric said. The
decision was taken by the IIMs and Prometric in view of a
series of bank holidays this month.
The sale of forms and online registration for CAT had
started on September nine and about two lakh students have
already registered for the test till date.
The computer–based test, scheduled between November 28 and
December seven, will be conducted at 105 centres in 32 cities
across the country. About 2.5 lakh students had appeared in
the test last year.
Students qualifying the test will be eligible for
admission into IIMs and a number of leading B-Schools in the
country. At present, there are seven IIMs having about 1700
seats. The government is set to open six more IIMs, of which
four are expected to start functioning from the coming
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country