Last word on FDI in retail has not been said: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday said the last word has not yet been said on the FDI in multi-brand retail issue and the party would revisit the decision of the UPA government if it comes to power.
Speaking at a programme here, former Finance Minister and BJP MP Yashwant Sinha said, "WalMart and others shall come on their own risk. BJP reserves the right to reopen the UPA government`s decision, when it comes to power at the centre."
He maintained that the FDI in retail decision was taken in haste and was done to deflect attention of the masses from the failures of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Congress party to govern the country.
The BJP leader also insisted that FDI in retail is a curse for small traders in India.
"It shall benefit big trading houses. Employment avenues in production sector shall decrease. Since Indian economy is service sector oriented, so self-employment shall also suffer," Sinha said.
He pointed out that FDI in infrastructure is acceptable but it would be disastrous in the retail sector as small traders would be harmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29