Lata should ensure no one misuses her iconic status: Congress
New Delhi: Lata Mangeshkar should guard against anyone "misusing" her iconic status for drawing political mileage, Congress said today a day after the legendary singer shared a dais with Narendra Modi.
"Lata Mangeshkar is an icon before whom all of us bow down. Beauty of her voice is acclaimed throughout the country. But obviously icons who are property of the nation ought to take care of the possibility of political mileage being drawn from," their actions, party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
Singhvi said the singer should ensure that no one misuses her iconic status.
The Congress spokesman`s remarks came a day after Mangeshkar shared a dais with BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Modi at a function organised to mark the 51st anniversary of her famous song "Ae mere watan ke logon" at the Mahalaxmi Racecourse in Mumbai. She thanked Modi for honouring her on the occasion.
The song, composed by C Ramachandra, was written by Kavi Pradeep in honour of martyrs of 1962 Indo-Sino war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad