Lata should ensure no one misuses her iconic status: Congress
New Delhi: Lata Mangeshkar should guard against anyone "misusing" her iconic status for drawing political mileage, Congress said today a day after the legendary singer shared a dais with Narendra Modi.
"Lata Mangeshkar is an icon before whom all of us bow down. Beauty of her voice is acclaimed throughout the country. But obviously icons who are property of the nation ought to take care of the possibility of political mileage being drawn from," their actions, party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
Singhvi said the singer should ensure that no one misuses her iconic status.
The Congress spokesman`s remarks came a day after Mangeshkar shared a dais with BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Modi at a function organised to mark the 51st anniversary of her famous song "Ae mere watan ke logon" at the Mahalaxmi Racecourse in Mumbai. She thanked Modi for honouring her on the occasion.
The song, composed by C Ramachandra, was written by Kavi Pradeep in honour of martyrs of 1962 Indo-Sino war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened