Lata should ensure no one misuses her iconic status: Congress
New Delhi: Lata Mangeshkar should guard against anyone "misusing" her iconic status for drawing political mileage, Congress said today a day after the legendary singer shared a dais with Narendra Modi.
"Lata Mangeshkar is an icon before whom all of us bow down. Beauty of her voice is acclaimed throughout the country. But obviously icons who are property of the nation ought to take care of the possibility of political mileage being drawn from," their actions, party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
Singhvi said the singer should ensure that no one misuses her iconic status.
The Congress spokesman`s remarks came a day after Mangeshkar shared a dais with BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Modi at a function organised to mark the 51st anniversary of her famous song "Ae mere watan ke logon" at the Mahalaxmi Racecourse in Mumbai. She thanked Modi for honouring her on the occasion.
The song, composed by C Ramachandra, was written by Kavi Pradeep in honour of martyrs of 1962 Indo-Sino war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?