`Late` journalists face problem in covering AICC session
New Delhi: Around 50 journalists covering
the AICC session on Tuesday, had to face problem in entering
the Talkatora Stadium after police personnel refused to
allow them inside the premises as they were "late".
Journalists and Congress leaders alleged that police
used foul language and even said that those who came late for
the session had imbibed the Congress culture of coming late.
The incident took place at Gate No 7 of the stadium
from where the media persons were allowed to enter.
"Around 50 media persons were not allowed to enter the
stadium. We requested senior police officials to allow them.
Even a senior SPG official intervened but they did not budge.
Police personnel were abusive," said Tom Vadakkan, a senior
leader with Congress Media Department.
He said they had to use "the good offices" of Home
Minister P Chidambaram to get the scribes enter the stadium to
cover the event.
Asked whether Congress would officially lodge a
complaint, Vadakkan said he would have to consult party
seniors before commenting on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Harshvardhan Kapoor’s Bollywood debut 'Mirzya' to release on October 7!
- Indian Premier League 2016, Qualifier 2: Gujarat Lions vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — As it happened...
- The 'unpredictability' in Kalki Koechlin's film career
- Tricks to preserve wedding attire
- Amitabh Bachchan to bat for girl child rights at Modi's achievement bash