Launch agitation against Centre: Uttarkhand offical to Cong
Dehradun: Asking the Congress to launch
an agitation against the Centre on the issue of extension of
industrial package, Uttarakhand media advisory committee
Chairman Devendra Bhasin today alleged the Union government
was adopting a discriminatory attitude towards the state.
In a statement, he said Congress leaders from Union
Minister of State for Labour Harish Rawat to Uttarakhand PCC
president Yashpal Arya to state Leader of Opposition Harak
Singh Rawat were "saying they would launch an agitation
against the state government but they should rather launch an
agitation against the Centre, which is adopting discriminatory
approach towards the state."
There are several issues related to the Central
government for which the Congress leaders should launch an
agitation like denial of extension of Concessional Industrial
Package (CIP) to Uttarakhand and "failure" in checking price
rise, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day