Launch agitation against Centre: Uttarkhand offical to Cong
Dehradun: Asking the Congress to launch
an agitation against the Centre on the issue of extension of
industrial package, Uttarakhand media advisory committee
Chairman Devendra Bhasin today alleged the Union government
was adopting a discriminatory attitude towards the state.
In a statement, he said Congress leaders from Union
Minister of State for Labour Harish Rawat to Uttarakhand PCC
president Yashpal Arya to state Leader of Opposition Harak
Singh Rawat were "saying they would launch an agitation
against the state government but they should rather launch an
agitation against the Centre, which is adopting discriminatory
approach towards the state."
There are several issues related to the Central
government for which the Congress leaders should launch an
agitation like denial of extension of Concessional Industrial
Package (CIP) to Uttarakhand and "failure" in checking price
rise, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Protest in Portugal against private school funding cuts
- Street-shopping kept Alia busy during Gauri Shinde's next
- Abu Dhabi hotel guests to pay new fee on bills - Know what it is
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong
- Mexican authorities rescue kidnapped football star Alan Pulido