Lavasa can`t do any construction: Env Min
New Delhi: The Lavasa Lake City project near Pune has violated the green laws and no construction activity can be carried out at the project site, the environment ministry Tuesday said in its report submitted to the Bombay High Court.
The ministry, in its 74-page report, said that the construction carried out by Lavasa Corporation for its project is unauthorised. The case will be heard Jan 27.
The ministry, however, said that it is prepared to consider the project on merits, with imposition of various terms and conditions.
The ministry had on Nov 25 slapped a show-cause notice on the company because it had allegedly failed to secure necessary environmental clearances before starting work on its 5,000-plus hectare project coming up in Mulshi sub-district of Pune district, around 200 km from Mumbai.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive