Lavasa can`t do any construction: Env Min
New Delhi: The Lavasa Lake City project near Pune has violated the green laws and no construction activity can be carried out at the project site, the environment ministry Tuesday said in its report submitted to the Bombay High Court.
The ministry, in its 74-page report, said that the construction carried out by Lavasa Corporation for its project is unauthorised. The case will be heard Jan 27.
The ministry, however, said that it is prepared to consider the project on merits, with imposition of various terms and conditions.
The ministry had on Nov 25 slapped a show-cause notice on the company because it had allegedly failed to secure necessary environmental clearances before starting work on its 5,000-plus hectare project coming up in Mulshi sub-district of Pune district, around 200 km from Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'