Lavasa can`t do any construction: Env Min
New Delhi: The Lavasa Lake City project near Pune has violated the green laws and no construction activity can be carried out at the project site, the environment ministry Tuesday said in its report submitted to the Bombay High Court.
The ministry, in its 74-page report, said that the construction carried out by Lavasa Corporation for its project is unauthorised. The case will be heard Jan 27.
The ministry, however, said that it is prepared to consider the project on merits, with imposition of various terms and conditions.
The ministry had on Nov 25 slapped a show-cause notice on the company because it had allegedly failed to secure necessary environmental clearances before starting work on its 5,000-plus hectare project coming up in Mulshi sub-district of Pune district, around 200 km from Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets