Law has taken its course: Cong on bail to Kalmadi
New Delhi: "Law has taken its course," that
is how Congress reacted today to Delhi High Court granting
bail to Suresh Kalmadi in a 2010 Games-related graft case.
"I do not want to say anything, law has taken its course.
It is the process of law. We never interfere in the process of
law. I want to say only this much," party spokesman Rashid
Alvi told reporters when asked to comment on the court order.
He was replying to a volley of questions whether the
Congress was happy over the bail to Kalmadi, who is a party MP
from Pune and a former CPP secretary, after being put behind
bars for more than nine months.
"I do not want to comment. It is not in my knowledge,"
said Alvi when asked whether Kalmadi would be leading the
party campaign in the civic polls in Pune.
Asked about suggestions that the presidentship of the
Indian Olympic Association be now restored to Kalmadi, Alvi
snapped back "I am not spokesperson of IOA".
Speaking separately, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit today welcomed the grant of bail to Kalmadi, saying
the court must have good reasons for pronouncing this order.
However, soon after Kalmadi was granted bail, opposition
BJP stepped up attack on Dikshit demanding action against
her in the CWG-related cases, saying all those involved in
these cases should be sent to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM