Law Ministry clears proposal extending ban on SIMI
New Delhi: The Law Ministry is learnt to have cleared a proposal of the Home Ministry seeking an extension of the ban on Student Islamic Movement of India
(SIMI) for another two years.
Describing the exercise as routine, sources said the ban will be subject to ratification by a tribunal of the Delhi High Court.
The Law Ministry is understood to have said that there was no legal problem in extending the ban which ends on February 7 this year.
SIMI, which was banned in 2001, has been under the scanner of security and intelligence agencies for terror attacks in various parts of the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane