Law required to prevent corruption: Speaker
Haridwar: Expressing concern over rampant corruption, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Saturday emphasised on the need for enacting a law to identify and curtail the acts of corruption before their initiation.
"We get to know about acts of corruption when they have already taken place. We need to identify them at their initial stages," she said while talking to reporters on the sidelines of congregation ceremony at `Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalya` here.
Replying to a question pertaining to disruptions created by the opposition members in Lok Sabha, she said, "instead of disrupting the proceedings of Parliament, the opposition should have transparent and healthy debates over the issues concerned”.
Chief of Delhi Legislative Assembly Yoganand Shastri and Uttarakhand Tourism Minister Madan Kaushik were also present at the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!