Lawyers` body to deliberate on state of Indian judiciary
New Delhi: A lawyers` body is to organise here on Monday a conference to delve into the present state of Indian judiciary and its "colonial hangover."
The three-day conference to be organised by the All India Lawyers Union (AILU), a body of lawyers, law students and law teachers, will deliberate on subjects such as "restructuring of justice delivery system for quick and inexpensive justice and corruption in judiciary and political system."
The event, beginning tomorrow at the Kedarnath Memorial Hall here, would be inaugurated by Justice AK Ganguly, former judge of the Supreme Court of India.
AILU`s Delhi unit president PV Dinesh said the event would see over 600 delegates from across the country and other nations deliberating upon issues of electoral reforms, human rights, the Constitution and the impact of globalisation on legal profession.
He said there would also be discussions on "the present state of Indian judiciary, its colonial hangovers such as the dress code, addressing the judges and their appointment system."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read