Lawyers delegation to visit Pakistan
New Delhi: A delegation of Indian lawyers will leave for Pakistan on Saturday to discuss ways with jurists there to promote friendly relations between the two nations.
The 106 member delegation, led by Adish C Aggarwala, president of International Council of Jurists and All India Bar Association, would meet Chief Justice and judges of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
They would also hold audience with jurists of Lahore High Court, Islamabad High Court, lower judiciary in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore and Nankana Sahib, Aggarwala said in a statement.
"The Indian jurists are of the view that the people of this region should accept Line of Control as international boundary for prosperity, as both the countries were spending too much of their budget to protect themselves from each other," he said.
These funds can be utilised for covering basic necessities like education, medical facilities, road and communications, he said.
"We are sure that our counterparts would agree to this and would create an atmosphere so that LoC be made international boundary," Aggarwala said, adding that jurists have to play a major role in improving the relationship between the countries.
The delegation would also discuss this issue with the Supreme Court Bar Association, Pakistan Bar Association, Punjab Bar Association, Lahore High Court Bar Association and Islamabad High Court Bar Association among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say