Lawyers dominate Modi`s cabinet
New Delhi: One-third of the Union Council of Ministers are law degree holders while two are doctors and nine graduates in various other streams.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Rajnath Singh are among 12 ministers in the 44-member team who possess Masters degree.
As many as 15 who hold law degrees include Cabinet Ministers Sushma Swaraj (External Affairs), Arun Jaitley (Finance), M Venkaiah Naidu (Urban Development), Nitin Gadkari (Road, Transport and Highways), D V Sadanand Gowda (Railways), and Ramvilas Paswan (Consumer Affairs).
Besides them, Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Ananthkumar and Communication and Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad also hold law degree, according to their biodatas and self-sworn affidavits.
Ministers of State (Independent Charge) Textiles Santosh K Gangwar, Sarbananda Sonowal (Youth Affairs and Sports), Piyush Goyal (Power) and Rao Inderjit Singh (Planning) also have degrees in law.
Ministers of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Radhakrishnan P, Kiren Rijiju (Home Affairs) and Krishan Pal (Road Transport and Highways) have completed their graduations in law, according to their affidavits filed while contesting Lok Sabha elections.
The two doctors in the Modi ministry are Harsh Vardhan (Health and Family Welfare Minister) and Jitendra Singh (Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Prime Minister`s Office).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands